Hearty and comforting. Double the recipe so you’ll have lunch for the week. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
What you’ll do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, then add the chicken broth, 3 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Partially cover and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the quinoa starts to soften, about 12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir to warm through.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- When servings, top with Greek yogurt and more Cajun seasoning, if desired.
Recipe and image from Food Network Magazine.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!