Instead of bacon, smoked paprika is used to give the turkey a smoky flavor. Recipe serves 4 in under 30 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or feta would work)
What you’ll do:
- Put the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Arrange the turkey cutlets on a baking sheet and sprinkle both sides with the paprika mixture.
- Broil until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Finely chop 1/4 cup of tomatoes and add to the dressing.
- Peel and halve the hard-boiled eggs.
- Discard the yolks or save for another use.
- Chop the egg whites and add to the bowl with the dressing, along with the lettuce, avocado and tomatoes.
- Chop the turkey, add to the bowl and toss.
- Serve the salad with the cheese.
**The hard-boiled eggs can be made in advance. It’s also a good idea to make more than you need for the salad – hard-boiled eggs are an excellent option at breakfast.**
Recipe and image from Food Network Magazines.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!