Serve this twist on a classic with some mashed black beans on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper (remove the seeds!)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 ounce crumbled queso fresco (or feta)
What you’ll do:
- Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the shrimp with the spice mixture in a large zip-lock bag. Seal. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons lime juice, onions, 1/8 teaspoon salt, lime zest, apple slices and jalapeno in a bowl. Toss.
- Remove the shrimp from the bag and discard of the remaining marinade.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until down.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and keep warm.
- Toast the tortillas in the hot grill pan, if desired.
- Divide the shrimp evenly among the tortillas along with the apple salsa and the cheese.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!