Lettuce is used to wrap up this crunch chicken filling as a low-calorie alternative to tortillas. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1 small head Boston, bibb or romaine lettuce, rinsed
What you’ll do:
- Combine the honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger to the skillet.
- Add the green onions and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the water chestnuts and half the soy-honey mixture.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cashews.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among the plates and spoon the chicken over top.
- Serve with the remaining soy-honey mixture for drizzling.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!