There’s nothing wrong with a little help from pre-packaged items from the grocery store. Pre-cooked brown rice is brought to life with fresh spinach and sausage. Recipe serves 3.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces hot turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add the sausage and crushed red pepper; cook 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, tossing constantly.
- Stir in the rice and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!