This baked spaghetti dinner is loaded with calcium and protein. Make it even healthier by using whole-wheat noodles. Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 9 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounces each) cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked and chopped chicken
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions leaving out the added salt and fat.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese, chicken and the cooked spaghetti.
- Spoon into a casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe and image from Health.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!