This simple dish is full of Spanish flavors and will be on your dinner table in 25 minutes. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
What you’ll do:
- Combine the garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Add the shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Set shrimp aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and turmeric.
- Add 2 1/2 cups cold water; cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook 4 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in the peas and let stand, covered, until ready to serve.
- Warm a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff rice and peas and serve with shrimp.
Recipe and image from Health.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!