Let your crock pot do all the work with only 15 minutes of prep time. Recipe serves 6 (3 tacos per person).
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless pork butt (or shoulder), trimmed of excess fat
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or fat-free sour cream)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa powder and salt in the slow cooker.
- Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cook, covered, on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees about 20 minutes before dinner.
- Stack the tortillas and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warm.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks and stir into the cooking liquid.
- Serve the shredded pork with the warmed tortillas and top with cilantro, Greek yogurt, lime and extra salsa.
Recipe and image from Health.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!