To make this meal in under 20 minutes, the microwave is put to use! Also, feel free to use frozen shrimp that has been thawed – huge money saver! Serve with crusty bread on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound peeled, deveined medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
What you’ll do:
- Pour the broth into a 2-cup microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Combine the warm broth, thyme and black pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and simmer.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Add the carrot, onion, and celery; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir the carrot mixture and shrimp into the broth mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!