Don’t let the ingredient list scare you! Most of the items are spices that you already had or canned products. This slow-cooker vegetarian chili will warm you up on our first Monday in December. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 28-ounce can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- sour cream, green onions, tortilla chips (for serving)
What you’ll do:
- In a slow-cooker, combine the onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the tomatoes (and their liquid), beans, sweet potato and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve the chili with the sour cream, green onions and tortilla chips.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!