Lots of leftover turkey from yesterday’s feast? Combine them with a few ingredients and store-bought Alfredo sauce to make a pizza that doesn’t taste anything like Thanksgiving! Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped collard greens or spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 store-bought pizza crust (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the turkey, greens, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the cut garlic over the crust, discard when finished.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce evenly over the crust, top with the turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!