With Thanksgiving right around the corner, here is a side dish that is sure to please a crowd. Recipe serves 8 as a side dish.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 pounds small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin half-moons
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Warm the vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove the vinegar from heat, add the raisins and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drain.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts, oil and 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring once, until golden and tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over low-medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
- Return the skillet to medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts, bacon and raisins to the onion and toss to combine.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!