Make chicken interesting and delicious with a crispy outside and a bright, crunchy coleslaw on the side. Recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups sliced cabbage
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 8 chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
What you’ll do:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, broccoli, carrots, mayonnaise, relish and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place the egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls/dishes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper evenly.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg (shake to remove excess egg), and then the panko. Press to make sure the bread crumbs stick.
- Coat all pieces of chicken.
- Heat the oil on a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with coleslaw.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!