You’re kids will love these super-crisp fritters. And you’ll love that they’re filled with veggies. Recipe makes 4 servings, each serving equals 2 fritters and 1/4 cup sauce.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain light yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
What you’ll do:
- Place 4 cups of water, broccoli and carrots in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook 4 minutes, drain.
- Pat the broccoli-carrot mixture dry with paper towels and chop very finely.
- Place the broccoli mixture in a large bowl and add the flour.
- Stir to coat.
- Add the cheese, salt, green onions and egg. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 of the broccoli mixture in a measuring cup and pour into the pan. Lightly flatten the mixture.
- Repeat to form 8 fritters (or as many will fit, you may need to cook two batches).
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp.
- Combine the yogurt and the dill in a small bowl.
- Serve the fritters with the dill sauce.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!