This lean dinner is kept delicious with the addition of salty Parmesan and prosciutto. Makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 3 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 pound dried fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups (10-ounce package) frozen petite peas
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream (or fat-free plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
What you’ll do:
- In a large pot, combine the broth, milk and fettuccine (break if necessary); cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook, uncovered, stirring often to separate the noodles, for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and continue stirring until the pasta is tender to the bite, about 2-4 minutes.
- Separate the prosciutto slices and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- In a small bowl, mix with cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth.
- Add to the pasta mixture and stir until it boils and thickens.
- Add the sour cream (or Greek yogurt), Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Stir in the prosciutto and serve.
Recipe and image from Sunset.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!