This soup is a great weeknight dinner. Make the soup ahead of time and simply reheat when it’s time for dinner. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
What you’ll do:
- Heat a Dutch oven (large pot) over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Add the bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions and saute 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and add the corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, ground red pepper and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender)>
- Remove from heat, stir in the half-and-half, parsley and salt.
- Serve 1 1/2 cup servings in bowls and top with 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 tablespoon of green onions.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!