Serve these as an after school snack as an alternative to the traditional fried cheese stick. Recipe makes 4 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 (1-ounce each) part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute (or 1 egg beaten)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and place in a shallow dish.
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces (total of 12 pieces).
- Working one piece at a time, dip cheese in the egg and then dredge (coat) in panko.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for...Get dinner on the table.