Dinner in 20 minutes? You got it. Don’t be scared of brussel sprouts – when cooked correctly and with apples, they become sweet and delicious. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 8 (2-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 ounces brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup raisins (or dried cherries or dried cranberries)
- 1 medium Fuji apple (cut into thin slices)
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Add the chicken and cook 3 minutes per side or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and maple syrup to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Cut the brussels in half lengthwise and then thinly slice.
- Combine the brussels with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the apples and dried fruit.
- Serve alongside chicken.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!