This meal is healthy, affordable and delicious all because of beans. Canned beans are a pantry-staple that you should always keep on hand. Simply rinse the beans before adding to recipes to remove excess sodium. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
What you’ll do:
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic and chili powder for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes (with their juice), beans, broth, corn and 1 cup of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
- Add the tortilla chips, cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe and image from Martha Stewart.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.