This homemade sauce is smoky and sweet. A side of your favorite slaw is a perfect pairing (or topping!) for this sandwich. Makes 4 sandwiches in 30 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 sandwich rolls
- dill pickle chips
What you’ll do:
- Combine the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, molasses, chili powder, cumin, pepper, ginger and chicken thighs in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove from heat; shred with 2 forks.
- Serve pulled chicken on split sandwich rolls with sauce and pickle chips.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!