This delicious beef dinner will be waiting for you tomorrow night with a little preparation. Serve over hot rice. This recipe makes 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 glove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
What you’ll do:
- Remove visible fat from beef.
- Cut into 6 serving pieces.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Cook beef about 8 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, layer beef, onions, garlic and ginger.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth and soy sauce together. Pour over beef.
- Cover; cook on LOW setting 7-9 hours or until beef is tender.
- Before servings, in a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water. Gradually stir into the beef mixture (after cooking).
- Stir in the bell peppers.
- Increase the heat setting to HIGH; cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cover and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Betty Crocker via recipe.com
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!