By using extra-lean ground beef and egg whites you save 6 grams of fat per serving. Serve a salad on the side for some crunch. This recipe serves 8. And trust me, you’ll be glad there are leftovers.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light Italian dressing
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix for chicken (Stove Top)
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions in the Italian dressing over medium heat in a skillet for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir frequently. Cool slightly.
- Mix the meat, onions, 1/4 cup ketchup, stuffing mix, water and egg whites. Shape into a loaf (about 10 inches by 5 inches) in a baking dish.
- Cover with remaining ketchup.
- Bake 55 minutes to an hour. Sprinkle with cheese and bake about 2 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Recipe and image from Kraft Recipes.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!