Jazz up snack time with this sweet and salty bar. Recipe makes 16 bars (160 calories each).
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups Chocolate toasted oat cereal (such as Cheerios)
- 1 1 /4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed hard pretzels
- 1/3 cup roasted almond
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
What you’ll do:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and peanut butter; cook 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove the mixture from heat; stir in the cereal, oats, pretzels, almonds and salt.
- Spread the mixture into an 8-inch square metal baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Using a wet spoon, spread the mixture evenly and let stand 1 hour or until set.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!