Fall and football go hand-in-hand. These mini-meatball subs are perfect for watching the game with the family. Recipe makes 12 sliders.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package Hawaiian honey wheat rolls, split in half (such as Kings brand)
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce (look for no-added salt, no-added sugar, if possible)
- 12 prepared Italian-style meatballs (such as Aidells)
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into quarters (4 pieces each for a total of 12)
What you’ll do:
- Heat the broiler on your oven to high.
- Place rolls on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small pot, heat the marinara sauce.
- Stir in the meatballs and heat until warmed.
- Place 1 meatball on each roll and spoon 2 tablespoons of sauce over each meatball.
- Top with a quarter slice of slice.
- Broil for about 1 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the rolls are slightly browned.
Recipe and image from Family Circle.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!