Pack these bars individually in plastic wrap so that your kids can grab-n-go in the mornings or for a snack. Each bar has 144 calories, so if eating for breakfast, make sure to pair with a piece of fruit or yogurt. Recipe makes 10 bars.
What you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups whole-grain cereal flakes
- 2 cups oat and bran O’s cereal
- 2 tablespoons chopped, unsweetened dried cherries
What you’ll do:
- Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium size microwave-safe bowl, microwave the honey and almond butter for 30 seconds, stir until blended.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal O’s and flakes and dried cherries.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir the almond butter mixture into the cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Press into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until set and firm.
Recipe and image from Health.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!