The smell of roasted chicken will have your family crowding around the dinner table. Prep time is 15 minutes but the end result will taste like you spent hours in the kitchen. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed, peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Combine the mustard and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove the chicken and spread the mustard mixture on both sides evenly.
- Combine the cubed potatoes, carrots, onion wedges, oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Stir the potato mixture, place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Bake 15 more minutes.
Recipe and image from Health.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!