Fall may be on the way but it’s not here yet. Especially if you serve this summery pasta dish tonight. The dish comes together in under 25 minutes. Add a tomato and mozzarella salad on the side. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine (or spaghetti noodles)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons fresh torn mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
What you’ll do:
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add pasta and cook 8 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the peas and sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water and the lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, mint and lemon zest before serving.
Tip: Zest the lemon (while it whole) before juicing.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.