Pre-made ravioli is a short-cut to have lasagna after a busy week full of work and school. A simple green salad on the side completes this meal. Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ounces hot pork Italian sausage (or mild)
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (22-ounce) bag frozen whole-wheat spinach and cheese ravioli
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Add the sauce, beef and garlic; cook 4 minutes until the meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, salt and red pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add the ravioli; tossing to combine.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon the ravioli mixture into the dish and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Preheat the broiler (with the dish in the oven) and broil until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned (about 3 minutes).
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!