This Mediterranean salad will make a boring lunch more exciting. Grapes will complete this lunch box idea. Recipe serves 1 but is easily doubled or tripled.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 2 mini pitas
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
What you’ll do:
- Toss the chopped cucumber, chickpeas and feta with the olive oil and pepper.
- Serve with hummus, pitas and bell pepper slices.
Tip: Try flavored hummus – roasted red pepper and roasted garlic and more kid-friendly than other flavors.
Other ideas: Try halved fresh mozzarella balls with grape tomatoes and basil, or macaroni with diced ham and baby spinach.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!