These tacos are not only ready in under 30 minutes but they’re also budget-friendly. If your pork tenderloin comes with 2 1-pound pieces of meat, simply freeze the other tenderloin for a future dinner. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (12-ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango (if you can’t find mango, use pineapple)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Sprinkle the pork with 1/4 teaspoon of both salt and pepper.
- Add pork to the pan and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn the pork over and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil, cabbage, mango, radish, green onions and ground red pepper in a bowl.
- Combine the lime juice and avocado in a small bowl.
- Add the avocado to the cabbage mixture. Toss.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Top each tortilla with pork and slaw.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!