If you’re not a big red-meat eater, this sauce pairs beautifully with chicken or pork. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh torn basil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add steak to the pan and cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from skillet and let stand for 5 minutes.
- To the same pan, add the garlic and shallot and saute until lightly browned.
- Add the vinegar and cook until the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup green onions and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the steak against the grain.
- Serve the tomatoes over the steak. Sprinkle with remaining basil and green onions.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!