If you need dinner to come together in a flash, shrimp is your new best friend. Shrimp cooks incredibly fast and in this recipe the ingredient list is minimal. Kids will love the addition of the sweet mango. Serve the shrimp with your favorite vegetable and rice and you’re set! Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup diced and peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
What you’ll do:
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard and the pepper sauce to the pan and saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the green onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in the mango and top with cilantro before serving.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!