You can’t go wrong with a 5-ingredient (butter, olive oil, salt and pepper are considered “staples”), 20-minute dinner. And yes, there is bacon in this recipe! It’s all about moderation. This recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounces each) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 center-cut applewood bacon slice
- 2 1/4 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 lime wedges
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Add the fish and saute about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the bacon to the pan; cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from the pan and add the corn into the bacon drippings.
- Cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the butter and cook until it melts.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Serve alongside the fish with a lime wedge.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!