We all know that kids (and some adults!) love chicken nuggets. But let’s be honest – most chicken nuggets are fried. These nuggets are are lightly coated and still have the crunch factor without all the fat that comes along with frying. If you’re not a fan of blackberries, substitute raspberries or blueberries. Everyone loves sweet-and-savory dips! This recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half (or chicken breasts cut into “nuggets”)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
What you’ll do:
- Mash together the berries, mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky dipping sauce.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the cornmeal in a bowl and add the chicken, tossing to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken and cook on both sides until browned and cooked through (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve the nuggets with the dipping sauce.
Recipe and image from Eating Well.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!