Fire up the grill before summer disappears! This sweet and savory kebab will have your children begging for more. Serve with grilled vegetables or a bean salad.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 plums (or peaches), each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (or any other favorite herb)
What you’ll do:
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Before grilling, oil the grates.
- If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 15 minutes in cool water (to prevent burning).
- Toss the chicken and plums with the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and olive oil.
- Thread onto the skewers and grill until the chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped oregano.