Not only is shrimp healthy but it’s finished cooking in 5 minutes. Buy frozen shrimp to cut down on the cost.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine the chili powder, garlic salt and cumin in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp and toss.
- Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the shrimp and saute about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add 1 tablespoon lime juice and remove shrimp from pan.
- Add corn to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salsa, cilantro and beans to the pan with the corn and saute for 1 more minute.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Serve the shrimp over the bean and corn salad.