Frozen bell peppers save time and money in this super-fast week night dinner. Be sure to buy lean sirloin to keep the fat to a minimum. Serve over rice.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16-ounces ground sirloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16-ounce package frozen bell pepper stir-fry
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil and olive oil (such as Hunt’s), undrained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
What you’ll do:
- Form the sirloin into 4 4-ounce patties.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Coat each side of the patties in flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the patties 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and soy sauce to the pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.