Sandwich night! This recipe makes the classic Reuben healthier by using turkey, light dressing and a lighter coleslaw. Recipe makes 4 sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups prepackaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 2 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons light Thousand Island dressing
- 8 slices rye bread
- 8 ounces, sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices (4 ounces total) provolone cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
What you’ll do:
- In a medium bowl, combine the slaw mix and Italian dressing. Set aside.
- Evenly spread the Thousand Island dressing on one side of each bread slice.
- Top 4 of the slices of bread with turkey, cheese, tomato and slaw. Top with remaining bread, dressing side down.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 4 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
Recipe and image from diabetic living.
So what are you waiting for….Get dinner on the table!