If you have any leftovers from the pecan-crusted chicken tenders, use them in this recipe that’s perfect for lunch of dinner. The recipe makes 2 salads but you can easily double the ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded or 6 ounces precooked refrigerated chicken strips
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons low-calorie/low-sugar orange marmalade/jelly
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
What you’ll do:
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, oregano, marmalade, oil, salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach, corn, oranges and chicken evenly among plates and top with dressing.
Recipe and image from diabetic living.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!