Pork chops and applesauce get a makeover! Recipe serves 6.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large Fuji apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch wedges
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat pork with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon on thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Place pork on pan and roast for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, vinegar and mustard.
- In another bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and apples with 1 tablespoon thyme, 2 teaspoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Once pork is removed, spread apples and sweet potatoes around the outside.
- Coat the pork with 1/2 of the syrup mixture.
- Roast for 1o to 15 more minutes or until 145 degrees inside.
- Transfer pork to a plate and cover.
- Turn the apples and sweet potatoes and continue roasting for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining syrup mixture over the pork, slice and serve with apples and potatoes.
Recipe and image from self.com
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!