Garam masala is a spice that can be found at most grocery stores on the spice aisle. This recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (3.5 ounce) bag boil-in-bag basmati or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
What you’ll do:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat a dutch oven (or deep skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the pan, swirling to coat.
- Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the garam masala; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and spinach; cook 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in the yogurt and salt.
- Serve over rice with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!