This kid-friendly dinner is perfect with a side of steamed green beans. Ask your local deli to cut the ham for you. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (1-pound) slice reduced-sodium ham (about 1/2 inch thick), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups chopped pineapple (canned works great!)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What you’ll do:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham; cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Combine the pineapple, syrup and curry powder, mixing well.
- Melt the butter in the same pan over medium heat; add the pineapple mixture.
- Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the brown sugar; cook 1 minute or until sugar melts.
- Serve the glazed pineapple over ham slices.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light – fresh food fast.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!