Have some last night baking or wrapping to get done before Christmas? Bake up some crunchy chickpeas for a healthy late-night snack. Recipe makes 8 servings (1/4 cup each).
What you’ll need:
- 2 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Wrap the chickpeas in a dish towel and roll to loosen the skins.
- Discard the skins.
- Combine the chickpeas and remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange on a baking dish and bake for an hour and 40 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!