Serve this hearty chili over spaghetti noodles for a true Cincinnati-feel. This recipe serves 10. So make the whole recipe and freeze some or cut the recipe in half.
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
What you’ll do:
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt over medium-high heat, breaking up the beef with a spoon. Cook about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add meat to a slow-cooker along with 2 cups of water, tomato paste and spices.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours.
- Add beans and cook 1 hour more, stirring in another 1/2 cup water if it looks dry.
Recipe and image from All You.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table.