A can of diced tomatoes will help you pull together this dinner in the midst of all the holiday shuffle. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup bell pepper strips (any color)
- 2 (4-ounce) links turkey sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions and bell pepper and saute 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the casings from the sausage.
- Add the sausage to the peppers and onions and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add the crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread the sausage mixture over cut tops of the bread and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut each pizza in half.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!