Tortillas take the place of the original biscuit dough to make this an easy-to-make dinner. Recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cup chopped roasted, skinless, boneless chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 (6-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What you’ll do:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the chicken and vegetables, cook 3 minutes until heated, stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken mixture cooks, combine, water, flour and broth. Gradually stir the broth mixture into the chicken mixture.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tortillas strips and cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf and serve.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!