Brunch is a popular meal during the holidays. Serve this all-purpose side with any casserole. Or simply sere this salad was a light dessert for your family. This can be made the night before but leave out the coconut until just before serving. Recipe serves 8.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups orange sections (about 4 oranges)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 sliced peeled kiwis
- 1 (4-pound) pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes**
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
What you’ll do:
- Combine the oranges, pomegranate arils, kiwi and pineapple in a medium bowl.
- Combine the lime rind, juices and ground red pepper in a small bowl.
- Gently stir the lime mixture into the fruit; cover and chill.
- Before serving, stir in 1/4 cup coconut into the mixture. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup coconut.
** Canned pineapple in juice can be used in place of fresh.
Recipe and image from Cooking Light.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!