The “no-bake” part of this cookie name makes it a go-to during the holiday season. Keep these cookies stored at room-temperature between sheets of wax paper in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Recipe makes 36 cookies.
What you’ll need:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
What you’ll do:
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cream and cocoa. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the oats and peanuts.
- Drop large tablespoonfuls of the batter on to wax paper-lined baking sheets, about 1-inch apart.
- Let cool until set, about 20 minutes.
Recipe and image from Real Simple.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!