Craving pizza? Don’t order take-out. Make this easy crock-pot dinner that’s family-friendly. Add some green to the side with a salad. Makes 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 3 1/2 – 4 pounds skinless chicken (breast, thigh, drumstick)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What you’ll do:
- Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker (3 1/2-5 quart). Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut pepperoni slices in half and add to the slow cooker along with the olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the chicken and pepperoni and olives using a slotted spoon and transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle the chicken with cheese. Cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
Recipe and image from diabeticliving.com
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!