Need an easy Thanksgiving dessert? Here’s the answer. A refrigerated pie crust makes putting this together a cinch.
What you’ll need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the pie dish with the dough and prick all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and salt over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans and then pour into the pie crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the filling is barely set.
- If needed, cover will aluminum foil if the crust begins to brown too much.
- Cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe and image from Shape.
So what are you waiting for…Get dinner on the table!